TechSpot

Can't remove old icons

By beka1121
Feb 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Transferred my files to my cpu from the external drive so I can reformat it, but after transferring back the files to the external drive, some icons were left in my cpu and cant be deleted, how will I get rid of them?

2. beka1121

beka1121 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried all that is written here on how to delete those icons left in my cpu and yet its still there. Maybe anyone can give me another option. I already reformat the drive and its still there and when deleted it says cannot delete system volume information. access denied. make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Please help

3. beka1121

beka1121 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already tried this but I failed. Do you have another option please.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,943   +353

Beka1121, your problem appears not to be related to the original topic. There is a difference between your computer hard drive and a USB flash drive which is the subject of this thread. You also refer to your hard drive as the CPU but a CPU is the processor or central processing unit, not a hard drive or the whole computer.

For reference: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...h-no-visible-lock-unlock.177267/#post-1288615

Moving.