Can't Remove Rootkit.agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschiro329

I read a previous posting on this type of virus, but it appears to be in some system files and I am concerned about deleting them. I have Rootkit.agent running around my system. I posted to a previously written thread, but I attached a .doc file and didn't realize that type of file was not allowed. Malwarebytes finds the rootkit and claims that it will delete after restarting, but after 3 attempts I still have it. After reading previous postings, I downloaded and ran sophos anti-rootkit and found that it is in my windows\system32\drivers\str.sys and qtempdc.sys. When I clicked on the boxes to remove, it recommended Not removing these files. I also ran Panda antirootkit as well as Super Anti-spyware. All found the same files, but as stated above, I am hesitant to remove them because I think the virus is located in system files. I believe I've attached the logs correctly for both malwarebytes and Panda. In addition, I ran the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, it also found the files and stated that they were partially removed and would be completely removed after restarting, but I still have the virus. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Hi jschiro329.

I'm new to this certain forum, but I'm sure before anyone can help you they will probably ask you to do the 8-step guide and post the required logs. Including a HijackThis log

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back