Can't see anything when cpu starts?

By chase24
Dec 22, 2008
  1. the problem is the cpu fell to the floor 1 ft from its place. so when i connected the cpu to the monitor and power it up. the fans are okay and it seems normal but the monitor don't detect any signal from the cpu so i can't see anything.

i tried to check the inside if some parts are loosen or not in its right place, they seem to be okay.

what should i do now?

before this happened, i was having a problem with the windows itself because it crashed when i downloaded something, it might be a virus. but the bios was okay and then the cpu fell to the floor now im not sure if the mobo is still fine. help me please...
  2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

Is the monitor getting any power? If not then try and reconnect everything again. Check that everything is well placed in the mobo.

If your monitor is getting power and still displays nothing it means there's a problem with the video adapter. If you have a video card, try and plug in the monitor tightly.

If nothing works, you may have damaged your CPU mate.
  3. chase24

chase24 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 34

the monitor is fine, but no signal detected from cpu, i checked the inside of the cpu when the power is on, everything seems to be normal because i can see the fans are working, will the cpu be damaged even if it fell only a foot?
  4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

The monitor is fine. But the question is whether its getting any power from your CPU...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.