Can't set up Sony LCD as dual monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been trying to set up my SONY 32EX400 LCD Tv as a second monitor through a HDMI port.

I have a NVIDIA GEForce GT220 Video Card which supports Dual Monitors. I have my ViewSonic 22" Monitor Connected to my DVI Output and My SONY Bravia to the HDMI Output.

I am running Windows 7 and Windows 7 recognizes both as Monitors.

I have tried the monitors as Seperate, Extended and Duplicate to see if i can get a picture on my Sony LCD but all i get on the HDMI input of the Sony LCD is NOTHING. A blank screen.

Any Suggestions would be most helpful.

My Sony Bravia is a Full HD 1080p 1920x1080 @ 60Hz so i have set the resolution to this on my video card settings. Also I have tried different resolutions with no luck.

Have you tried switching locations of the two monitors?
We have seen a number of peculiar problems with certain ViewSonic monitors of our clients... with no known reason.
But of course no video card brand and model is perfectly reliable... We have seen reports claiming the failure rate on even top cards is as high as 15%.

What do you mean switching locations of the monitors? Do you mean physically moving the monitors to a different location in the room??

No. Simply changing all sockets between the two monitors. A Simple test of power connectors and media connectors, or cables. In our experience, the Viewsonic can be a very flaky unit in some models of a certain age. Changing all the cables and connectors is simply a simple way to test for differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back