Can't turn on my PS3, no green light

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, im a newbie here and i don't play my ps3 too often, however today i tried to play but it just wouldn't turn on. the green light will come on for a bit then make a sound turn yellow then red. i read the trobleshooting section on my book but all it said was that it may be overheated but i have the cooling system hooked up to it sinc the day i got it. i don't know much about the system so please any info will be appreciated. thanks.

To be honest, this is the first thing I have heard of a PS3 having this kind of error. I am sure some have it, but nobody I know has had this problem.

If you have a cooling system u bought from a 3rd party try removing it and only use just the PS3 console and make sure there is plenty space for it to breathe. What model do u have 40gig??

I have heard of 3rd party cooling systems actually causing the PS3 to overheat.

Have to took it out then? And like myzz617 said give it some space after you done that. If that doesn't/didn't work tell us.

I have never worked on a PS3, but it is not unusual for internal power supplies to fail... Is it?

hello, im a newbie here and i don't play my ps3 too often, however today i tried to play but it just wouldn't turn on. the green light will come on for a bit then make a sound turn yellow then red. i read the trobleshooting section on my book but all it said was that it may be overheated but i have the cooling system hooked up to it sinc the day i got it. i don't know much about the system so please any info will be appreciated. thanks.

well i have the exact same problem right now was u able to find a solution manually??? coz i am desperate 2 find out :(:(:(

This can sometimes be an error with the HDD inside the PS3. Bad firmware may have caused this or the HDD itself may have come lose. Open it up and re-seat the HDD, this may fix your problem.

If you need help with this use THIS guide

get rid of your after market cooler,the big vent on the side/or top depending which way you place it acts as in intake and an out take.The after market cooler will work against the cooling layout of the PS3.I have opened my one so i see how the cooling system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back