Can't uninstall Prince of Persia Warrior Within-Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to uninstall my demo of Prince of Persia, Warrior Within on my Windows XP. I'm not having very much success.

Here's what I've done to try and uninstall the demo.

1. I went to my Control Panel.
2. I opened Add or Remove Programs.
3. I selected Prince of Persia Warrior Within and clicked Change/Remove.

Here's what happened. A little window popped up with an ominous red X in the left hand corner, and here's what it said:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (445)
PAPP:prince of Persia Warrior Within- Demo
PVENDOR:UBISOFT (http://www.princeofpersiagame.com
PGUID:C6B7E731-A9E1-4AEC-A1E7-2E63646647FE
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 360.0

So I clicked OK.

An InstallShield Wizard window popped up, with the same red X in the corner. It said:

Setup has experienced an error.
Please do the following:
-Close any running progrmas
-Empty your temporary folder
-Check your Internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error code: -5001

So I did. I closed all my open programs, I emptied my temporary internet folder three times, and I double-checked my Internet connection (and there is absolutely nothing wrong, as far as I can tell, with my DSL connection).

I've done this multiple times and I get that same result every time. All I want is to uninstall my stupid Prince of Persia demo, because as you know it's not a small file and it takes up quite a bit of space on the hard drive, so I'm trying to get rid of it.

Can anyone help me?

Use the Task Manager to close processes and go to your Network Connections, right-click the Network Connection that you use and click Repair and retry installing.

try running the uninstall in safe mode. it COULD be that something is interfering. i dunno why you would need the net to uninstall pop ww. try going to support.ubi.com and asking them about manually removing popww. i couldnt find anything on the net related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back