TechSpot

Can't uninstall program "imient"

By drensmith
Nov 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I have this program on pc called imient. tried uninstaling it dont show up there. its a program stuck in my start up, many files...I went into "c"/programs deleted what files I could,,there was about 20 of them,,,theres 3 still there , when I tried to delete told me I "need permission". I did it on administrator,,,any ides how to get rid of em?? its in start up ..on startup explorer I couldent get em off start up,,thanx
  2. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

You shouldn't try to uninstall a program by deleting its individual files. This will leave dead ends in the registry and may cause instability. You should use its uninstaller or preferably a specialized program like Revo Uninstaller.

How did it get on your computer?

Can you now see the program in start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs?
  3. drensmith

drensmith TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 86

Yes, its in start,,there is no uninstaller, cant uninstall. got on the pc, cuz wife liked lil smiley faces it offerd :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.