Can't update display drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of two days ago, my comptuer started flickering, and sometimes the screen would just turn black. I can't open any games or anything that relies on a display driver. It says both my display drivers are disabled because there is an error. My video cards are both Nvidia GenForce 9800 GX2. Someone suggested I should download and install updates, but everytime I do it either does absolutely nothing or my screen goes black in the middle of installation and I have to reboot my computer. Both the drivers are now uninstalled. Any self help information you guys could give me before I have to resort to calling in a technician? :/

Edit

Both the drivers are actually now installed, but still showing an error and disabled.

Some additional information: When I start up the computer, there are blues dots on the screen, if that changes anything. I've only had my computer for 2 years.

help information you guys could give me before I have to resort to calling in a technician?

well there's no reason to get carried away!:haha:;). did you uninstall the old drivers, or install over them? it sounds as if the old ones may have left components behind.

They were completely uninstalled, to my knowledge. Then I reinstalled them. Now I try to update, it downloads the update, but either says installation wasn't completel/try later, or my screen turns black (stayed like that for 5 hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back