TechSpot

Can't veiw some websites....

By biffenbob
Dec 23, 2005
  1. What has happend (as far as I know) for some reason I cant veiw/go to some websites. Two of them are hotmail, and google, I have tried both Mozilla, and Microsoft internet explorer. When I do attempt to go to one of these websites, all that happens is, I get redirected to a search engine, or I get the page cannot be displayed thing. How ever what I find really weird/hard to understand, is that it only happens here and there (I have had a freind to websites from a diffrent computer, so I am reasonably shure that there not down). I was wondering if anyone else has had a like problem, or has an idea how to fix it.... btw I use windows XP

Thanks in advance

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Its probably some spyware or adware thats doing this. Try to use some anti-spyware programs such as Ad-aware or Sypbot.

3. biffenbob

biffenbob TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

I allready tried that, to no affect.

4. biffenbob

biffenbob TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

I was messing around with some more stuff and I realized that none of the computers on my network could get to these sites... any ideas?

5. kens8

kens8 TS Rookie Posts: 57

6. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

See if there is a firmware update for your router, if you have one.
    If you are using AOL, set your MTU to 1400.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.