Can't view videos on youtube

By Lana0724
May 2, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't get videos to download, all I get is a black screen with a circle going round and round. I have Adobe flash 9.0.124 and I have tested it on the adobe test screen...what could the problem be? I have vista home premium with intel graphics media accelerator 950.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Do you have a decent Internet connection ?
  3. Lana0724

Lana0724 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I have dial-up but I used to be able to view videos...
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

& do you get the problem on certain specific videos or all of them ?
  5. STEALTH429

STEALTH429 Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

Hello lana! pls try to download the following: 1. realplayer 11 ffrom www.real.com, 2.shockwave flash player from www.cnet.com and 3.java platform standard edition from www.java.com

after installation is completed, check any available update for each and reboot your system. have done it several times and it worked in my case. ciao!
  6. Lana0724

I get it with all of them...on another forum, someone directed me to another video site and I could view those just fine....just not youtube!
  7. Lana0724

Thanks Stealth, I have java, will download shockwave and real player and see if that helps.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.