Case airflow... got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehacker

hello,
please answer my each questions below. thanks in advance.
my sys config pentium D @2.8, 512 ddr2 ram, agp 128mb 5200fx.
1. my case's side panels donot have small holes to help airflow. i have two case fans at the backside one for intake and other for outake.while running my anti-virus scan(i.e. at about 30% average cpu usage) my temps become cpu-53-54, hdd-46-48. so do i need to change the side panels or make small holes in them???
2. what is the safe temp limits for CPU and HDD under stress like anti-virus scan or playing games? i mean the temp above which i must be careful for my case airflow/system cooling.

1. Side vents always help, more airflow the better if you're using air cooling. However, having an intake and out fan right next to each other seems inefficient to me. I've never tried it because it doesn't make sense to me, so I could be wrong, but it just seems to me that having intake in the front and out in the back always made sense for me.
2. Under full load, a CPU should be at around ~70C, at most. If it's reading 55C under 30% load, then there could be a problem, but I would get a program like TAP and run a full load test. If after about 20mins of that it never goes over 70C, you're relatively okay, but 70C is still kind of high. I would suggest an intake in the front and out fans in the back. Also, if your CPU still has high temps you may want to try one of a few things:
-Open up the case and make sure the fan is clean. Dust is a huge problem for cooling.
-Take the heatsink off, clean it and re-apply thermal compound
-Get a new CPU fan that is a little more powerful.

very very thank you for ur help...but right now i m hard on money. cannot purchase even case fans :( . any other help or suggestion

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Attaching the temps screenshot after stressing the CPU. hva luk at it and reply.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
The highest temp I see here is on the second core and it's 61C. If I am misreading then just let me know, I've never used that program before. However, if I'm reading it right and 61C is the highest temp your CPU is seeing, even at full stress, I really wouldn't worry about it. Really not much else you can do for it besides more fans. :)

your motherboard is 61°C?? :eek:
Freakin testicles that is on the high side. Sounds like your cpu fan is doing its job but your case sux0rs!
Can you manage the cabling any better in there to help with airflow?

thehacker said:
hello,

1. my case's side panels do not have small holes to help airflow. i have two case fans at the backside one for intake and other for outake <(exhaust).
I don't exactly understand what you mean by an intake and an exhaust on the same case panel. If this were so the exhaust would "short circuit' the airflow from the intake fan and air would not flow into the remainder of the case. So, either this arrangement needs to be changed, I'm not understanding what you're saying, or we need to put our heads together to change the laws of fluid dynamics. < Just kidding on option "C" there. How do you spell outake in Chinese? >Take Out< Again, just kidding on that one too.

to cinders
the pic showing the airflow problem must not be wid my case coz
1stly my fans are apart. intake at bottoma nd out at top(below smps/psu).
and secondly as hot air is out at top it must flow up as it has low density and cool air keep going in from the bottom...i thought to apply a little physics lolz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back