case modding

By Dantrag
Aug 12, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i would like to put a fan either side of my computer (on each side panel nice in the middle) how would i do this? i would put 80mm fans on each side
  2. Butterball

Butterball Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

First off, I’d recommend that you do one on the side, and one on the top, as a blow hole. This way you get good flow instead of two fans trying to pull air form the same place, creating a possible "dead zone" of air.

To physically do it, get your self a key hole saw (looks like a reg drill bit with a cup mounted around it) drill you hole, mount the fan AND A FAN GUARD!!! Use self tapping metal screws to hold the fan and guard in place
  3. Dantrag

Dantrag TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 262

i've got 1 fan sukking the air out of my system. there's no room voor a front fan... but would i need to have a fan blowing air in to my system. if so i would rather not use the top 1 for because at the LAN its quite dusty
  4. enduser

enduser Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

I have read that if you are not careful that you can mess up your case pretty bad using a holesaw. I would like to put a top fan in one of my cases but fear it would look terrible when I was done.
  5. Telexen

Telexen Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

It's rather simple using a hole saw...drill...push down. It takes skill to mess that up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.