Catalyst Control Center Error

By JenniferF
May 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I keep getting the following error.

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter.
    Please update your ATI graphics driver or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager.

I don't even know where to begin to fix the problem.

Below is a link to a thread from earlier today in another forum. Not sure if any of the information in the following thread will help or not.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working.192553/
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,757   +165

Ok lets start out with what your make and model of your computer or laptop is
  3. JenniferF

JenniferF Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 24

Windows Vista Home Premium
    Service Pack 2
    GatewayI

Model: DX4200-09
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9150-e Quad-Core Processor 1.80 GHz
    4.00 GB Memory (RAM)
    64-bit Operating System
  4. Cobalt006

Did you just update your video driver?
  5. JenniferF

I did a little over a week ago. That was when the error listed above started.
  6. Cobalt006

Try removing the update. Then reinstall your original drivers. This should correct your problem. The driver you have installed now is not for your adapter. This is why you are getting this message.If you do not have your original driver. Try here http://support.gateway.com/us/en/support/default.aspxriver

Click on support and enter your desktops model
  7. JenniferF

Ah okay, thank you!
  8. Cobalt006

Your welcome let us know if this helps you,
  9. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,835   +886

The tool I would have provided only works with Windows 7, unfortunately. I hope Cobalts solution works or else we may have to run driver sweeper since the AMD tool cant run on your machine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.