Catalyst problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel555

When I go to add/remove these Catalyst programs show up like "ccc-something something" catalyst control center graphic light ..so on. I need to get rid of them. I tried 3983984 times, but its like they are no where to be found. In the add/remove there is no option to remove them it just says "used rarely" so I'm trying to find it in registry and things to get rid of them..but I don't see anything that says ccc or anything. I don't want to get rid of the wrong things. I'm trying to completely get rid of ATI software so i can install again the right one. I can find things named ATI and I got rid of them, its just the CCC ones.

They just show up in the add/remove window...but you can't remove them.

Still didn't get it aye?

Try reboot> tap f8 at startup> enter safemode

try again

Another way to that is go to start> run> msconfig

serivices tab and startup tab and uncheck anything to do with ATI or CCC

I downloaded regcleaner and did it that way...but I think I'm going to try that link.

These catalyst things on add/remove won't go away and I think thats why when I install 7.7 ATI it won't work.

I'm trying to delete ati files doing a search for things ati...but they won't let me delete them it only says "open containing folder" "extract" and "copy"

How come when I install ATI 7.7 version, when I reboot a box pops up and says "No ATI graphics driver installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware." ?

I keep trying to install and uninstall ATI files and programs...but nothing seems to work.

I may have someone look at it, or I might end up needing it reformatted or something. Or maybe I need a new video card.

when it says

No ATI graphics driver installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware

Go to Device manager=> have disk
8.Select the Driver location yourself which should be C:\ATI\Driver Folder\Driver

Driver folder will be a long name as well as the driver itself

Where is "have disk"
I found have disk

when i pick a file it says "this specified location does not contain information about your hardware"

I can't find C:\ATI\Driver Folder\Driver when I got to ATI it goes to a folder called SUPPORT and then in support are folders like are "Core-implementation" "core-preinstall" "core-static" "graphics-full-existing" "help" and others. I don't see a driver.

I got it to work!! It only took 3 days, but it works now.
I just downloaded the 7.7 from a different site.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back