Catroot corrupted

Recently, I had ran a quick scheduled scan using Avast! antivirus and the result showed that the following file cannot be scan because the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (1392).

C:\windows\system32\catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}

what should i do?i searched numerous forums and most of them said i should not delete this file.can anyone guide me on this?

Besides that, my laptop sometimes do hang when i open few applications. Bluescreen sometimes happen too. Is the error above caused this problem?

I had ran sfc -scannow n chkdsk. I do not want to reformat my laptop so i hope i could get help here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks for the reply. Honestly, I do not experience any of the symptoms from the link 'errors in Catroot2' given.How do I actually verify it is catroot and not catroot2? What should I do? Sorry I am not a computer expert so there are a lot of things I do not understand. Kindly provide more guidance. Thank you.

Thank you for your time. I have gone through the link. To be honest, it is quite complicated for me as there are so many terms I do not understand. But apparently, I do not find any error with my laptop anymore for the time being. I did another scan and the error of the catroot file is corrupted and unreadable does not appear anymore. The link given lead me to understand more about computer stuffs especially the blue screen error which i experienced sometimes. I really appreciate a lot. Meanwhile, I will try to learn all the information in the link. It is very helpful. Thank you again.

I did another scan and the error of the catroot file is corrupted and unreadable does not appear anymore. The link given lead me to understand more about computer stuffs especially the blue screen error which I experienced sometimes.

Back