CD burner doesn't recognize blank CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator 4 in 1 MODEL MD-5216CDR CD burner and I was messing around with a few settings in the Drivers properties, so after I did that I tried burning mp3's to a blank CD and my driver doesn't even recognize it. I don't know what the problem is because it worked fine before (I burned about 23 CD's before this happend). But now I get messages like "the disk is full" or "not proper media" I tried uninstalling the drive threw system settings, and then I manually uninstalled it but still nothing. Is this a problem with the driver or is their a setting I messed with that made this happen?

You didn't mention what software you are using to record to your drive. I'll assume that you are using Windows XP and do not have any burning software installed. Open windows explorer, righ-click your cd drive and select properties. Select the 'recording' tab and then tick the checkbox that says 'Enable CD recording on this drive'. If this doesn't solve your problem, then you should provide a little more information in your post so that we have a better chance of solving your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back