Cd disk drive opens involuntary

Status
Not open for further replies.
cd disk drive opens involuntary i could just be surfing the web,i could be listening to a cd burning or inporting music and it would just opens.when i start the computer it open sometime i just leave it open and it would close out of no where,and then half of a hour i just open like it's possessed. the thing that realy kills me is when am burning a cd or installing a program. i don't know why it dose it but it get on my nerves because i waste a cd or i cant install my program. anothr thing thats crazy is it only dose it when it wants to ex: i burned two cd every things cool i go to burn the next it opens in the middle of the prosess , so please if anybody can help me i woud gladly appreciate it. thanks

It is normal for open CD drives to close on startup. If it's opening, either your eject button is stuck or the switch telling that the door is closed works bad. I guess it thinks that the door is stuck and it tries to open/close or simethign like this.

is there anyway to configure the button that controls the disk open/disk close function or dose it need to be seviced ?

Well, that button requires you to open your CD drive so if you don't think you're able to do this, I guess it's better to get a new one unless the cost of that drive is pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back