TechSpot

CD/DVD Drive recommendations.

By moonfruit
May 7, 2008
  1. Hi

I am looking for a new CD/DVD rewriter internal drive. The problem I have is my PC is an emachine (yeah i know!!) and the design of the case means a new drive sits way to far back in the case. I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement drive that has muliple mounting holes? I tried a friends drive that had two holes but it still sat about an inch back from the front of the case.

I understand I could get a new case but was hoping for a quick fix!

Many thanks for any help.

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,673   +1,874

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Plextor, Pioneer, Yamaha, Teac, and Matshusita drives are the best in output and last the longest, but are usually much more expensive for the good ones - also more difficult to find. Otherwise, I like Samsung, Lite-On, and LG... All DVD-RW and DVD+RW, as well as CD-RW. Watch out for the warranty. You should expect a year. Some are now 6 months or 9 months.
    In our experience, we avoid HP, Sony, Acer, Asus, HLDS, Rosewill, NEC, Optiarc, and no-name brands.

4. moonfruit

moonfruit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

I never even looked at the lower bay!! I will have to try that out, I love those simple solutions! Cheers!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.