CD inserted nothing happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

macklessdaddy

When I insert anything in my 1 of my disk drives,nothing happens.I can put in a cd and open wmp to rip it and it shows nothing or when I go to my computer it shows no icon like it used to show,any help I get would be greatly appreciated.

Can be the result of moving/changing some other application which uses the CD drive.

In any case, Download and run CDGONE. This often (not always) solves the problem. post back to let us know

Can be the result of moving/changing some other application which uses the CD drive.

In any case, Download and run CDGONE. This often (not always) solves the problem. post back to let us know

Ran it,didn't work.can anybody tell me what my settings should be when I go to the properties of the drive then autoplay,what settings should autoplay be on example music files or music cd or dvd or mixed files,maybe that is set wrong?

See attached pic.

You seeing that? and it shows version 2.10.0.0 just above the buttons? And see Autoplay on the left middle of the window?

See attached pic.

You seeing that? and it shows version 2.10.0.0 just above the buttons? And see Autoplay on the left middle of the window?

I must be doing something wrong,I can only right click and go to properties,if I try to open it up regularly it just asks me do I want to run it and I click run and it just goes back to its original state

Wow! ...a man of few words ;) You don't have to quote every reply. It is better if you just reserve quoting for posts separated by 2 or 3 replies

What are your complete system specs and what antivirus/antispyware programs are you using?

Sorry about that but I suck at typing so I keep it short.

Running a 4 year old emachines
2800 athalon with 2 gigs of pc2700
and a 9600xt

Kaspersky
Ccleaner

I also quote people so i can remember their reply lawl

anything else you need ,let me know.

Alright macklessdaddy, thanks for not quoting this time. The post appear right next to each other so there is no need to quote every reply. Old eMachines huh... This could be caused by a failing or weak power supply. Can you swap out the power supply?

Funny you say that as the power supply seems to be acting up lately but how and why would that have any effect on the autorunning of the drives.

Try replacing the power supply first... The auto detect problem is just a symtom of impending danger or catastrophic failure of the computer. This is an eMachines afterall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back