cd rom drive not found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy6939

well i have an AMD dual core with 2gb ATI x800 pro with XP professional, and what happed is the other day i was incoding dvds and bunring them with nero and one was incoding and i decided to play Counter Strike and everything was working fine for a while then all of a sudden i got a blue screen and i didnt say nothing just a blue screen so i restarted and now my cdrom drive wont show up in my comp and when i got to device manager it has a (!) mark there and says (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) i trired to dowload a driver and it says now device found but the cd rom opens and closes and the light comes on but nothing else i have a sony dru-810a ...i would appreacate ur help thanks

does the drive show up in the BIOS? if so, you have probably just witnessed driver corruption. the fix can be a simple as reinstalling the drivers, or may require a repair installation. at the very worst you may have to reformat.

if the drive doesn't show up in the BIOS, you have a hardware problem. in that case i would suspect that the drive has died and would try swapping it out with a known good drive to confirm that the sony drive went bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back