Cd-rom not showing in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitomobo

i want to use my cd-rom on my laptop, so push the button, but it didnt come out..

i checked in my computer, the cd-rom icon is no longer there..

i thought it was cabel problem/no power, but where i restart, while it displaying
the brand etc, i push the cd-rom button, it come out..

so, i cannot use my cd-rom, only when i log into windows..
plz help me get my cd-rom back..

this also happen to my pc..so, my laptop n pc no longer got cd-rom....

Is this an external CD ROM drive that you have tried to use on both your pc and your laptop? I am having trouble understanding how both machines have lost their CD ROM functionality> It would also help if you told us the operating systems for both machines.

i use windows XP Pro with SP3.it's internal drive.dunno how to explain how i lost it because,
when i realize it, it already gone.let say, 1st i have it..then turn off, turn on again, it's gone..
one thing in common, i used both machines to play eudemons online before this happen.

this one didn't work..hopefully i dont need to install new windows..huhuhu..

cd drive is power on? led lights on start?
its show's in BIOS? maybe it disabled on basic bios settings?
try turn it on, try eject disk from it, if it there.
maybe it broken? but this no good.

Have you tried booting from it? See if it's usable BEFORE windows starts?

you can also see this post for instructions and build a G-parted live boot cd (you'll have to use a friend's computer of course given your problem)

Use it to boot into Linux and then test your CD. yyou can then at least see if your issue is your hardware/bios or Windows

ok, im replying back to this thread with some update

dvd drive is power on, led light as well..now when i started windows, i can open dvd drive. but still it doesnt show in my computer.

i opened bios, i dont see my dvd rom anymore. so i update its firmware/bios still cant detect my dvd rom..

i dont try G-parted live boot cd since i hv ubuntu live boot cd to try...and yes, i cant boot from it..
i can hear loud sound of cd spinning though..

i connect another dvd rom to format my pc and even with new, fresh windows but my dvd rom(the problematic one)still not showing in my computer...

i dont thing cabel/connection is the problem since i connected another dvd rom using the same cabel n i can use it to format my pc.

dvd rom wear out, i dont think so since that dvd rom only a couple months old.and i only use it to install games n watch movies..

so i think i hv eliminate cabel/connection, BIOS and windows as the causes of this problem...

ggrrrr......anyone has any other ideas how to try fix this??help me..

and thank you for those who help me so far....

did you uninstall quictime,itunes,if so reinstall it..
also this is something related to lower filters..i don't have the information right now but..
itunes,mac will tell you how to uninstall and don't loose your drives.

i think i did uninstalled itunes/quicktime b4..
i will reinstall it and post the result here...

btw, can you tell me about 'lower filters' thing?
i hv no clue what that is..

Since you ask what are "filters", just fyi....

FilterLoadOrder is a handy tool that lets you easily see what if any upper or lower filters might be installed for your CD DVD device. (the web site provides a brief explanation of filters as well)

However! Note that filters would only affect your CD/DVD once Windows is started. So if you can't boot from CD or see your CD via BIOS i don't think it would be a filter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back