CD-RW driver woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently formatted my PC, and am currently trying to find and restore all the device drivers which I used to have.

I have a "LITE-ON LTR-48125S" model CD-RW, unfortunately Windows XP seems to want to only detect this as a CD-ROM.
I use Nero 5.5 as my burning program and it only detects an 'Image Recorder - Virtual device' as my CD-recorder

I have checked everywhere for the drivers for this drive, but I cant seem to find them anywhere :(

I hope that you guys can help me, Im entirely out of ideas on this.

Thanks in advance

:grinthumb

Install your mainboard drivers if you haven't already done so. You don't need special drivers for a CD-RW drive, you just need windows to detect it properly. You should update your user profile on this forum, so that we can see your system specs, otherwise don't expect much help from members here (we aren't psychic).

Ive updated my profile with my system specs

The model number on my motherboard says Microstar MS-6703, but I am unable to find any drivers for this either :confused:

Well, I can't find that model on the MSI website. You should have received a CDROM with the mainboard software on it, the drivers will be on that. Maybe the model number you provided is incorrect, so check your manual for more info. If it has a VIA chipset, then you can download the VIA 4-in-1 Hyperion drivers from via arena (use google to search). You need drivers for the particular chipset that the mainboard is based on.

Do you have a branded PC, if so, that would explain why the model isn't found on the site. If that is the case then you should look to the PC manufacturer for mainboard drivers. On another note, in regard to the CDRW drivers, did you mean firmware or drivers? Most(probably all by now) CD drives don't need special drivers, but if it is a firmware update you need, that is another matter entirely.

You will probably need to update your (recognized-)driver file "cdrom.cfg" from the Nero-website. AFAIK Version 5.5 came out before your CDRW. You may also need to install the Nero Aspi-driver or Adaptec's aspi-drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back