Cell phone repeaters?

By pyromaster114
Feb 23, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I just moved into a new apartment. It's a really nice place, even has it's own fitness center for the community, a car wash, and free coffee (will explain later with pictures I shall post... but not in this thread...)

Anyways, the building's structure here totally messes up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room, I get a bar of 3G signal. (And I mean RIGHT there... like press the cellphone against the glass...)

So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy... but there are so many models, many of them ridiculously expensive (or they seem to be...).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy.
    I just want to use my cellphone indoors... not out on the porch. I use voice, texting, and data services, thus I really would like to make it so that 3G signal from AT&T's tower gets there.
    The apartment is 1400 square feet. (Yes it's huge, but there are 6 people living here though...)
    I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment.
    If I can't have that, I'll settle for the 2 back bedrooms (mine and my mother / sister's bedrooms).

Any information on these things would be useful. I don't want to spend the 150 - 600$ and find out that it doesn't do what I want it to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.