cell phone unlock

By twite
Oct 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyone know were i can get cellphone unlock codes for free

Im tryin to unlock my blackberry pearl, so help would be great.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,026   +221

caution: see this link

free? hum; google for unlock cell phone and there are a few for $5usd --
    that's cheap enought?
  3. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

Can you send me that $5 link because i cant find any for$5 for the pearl
  4. jobeard

How do I unlock my phone

There are two ways that a phone can be unlocked.

If you are lucky, you have a phone that can be unlocked simply by keying a secret code into it. The code is usually a unique number only for that particular phone, based on its serial number (what is called its IMEI) and the service provider who locked it. We can sell you this secret code for most models of Nokia phones and some other types of phones, too. It costs only $5 and is easy for you to enter into your phone.

Other types of phone need their 'firmware' - their operating system software - to be rewritten to remove the lock. This requires connecting the phone via a special data cable to a special programming unit. We provide this service for various models of Motorola, Siemens, and Sony Ericsson phones, plus the Treo 600 phone/PDA.​

see this site for the details
  5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,083

Do you know how these keys are made? Do they just plug in your Imei and then generate a code, im guessing this is to complicated for me to figure out myself?
  6. jobeard

they're totally software -- give up
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.