TechSpot

Center speaker problem with audigy platinum ex

By paulsif
Jan 3, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone

Im having real problems with my center speaker, its conected via analog to my sound card and speakes, and all in the right places!, but the center speaker doesn't work with any games, dvd's mps any programs, exept on the eax goldmine demo and in the creative audio tester. So i know the speaker works!

I tryed everything! please help :)
  2. MotoXXX

MotoXXX TS Rookie

I have the exact same problem with my Audigy LS, i'm going insane! please help
  3. paulsif

paulsif TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tryed a few other forums like this but no luck yet i hope someone help soon!!!!!
  4. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

Hey guys, I know what you are going through. I know for music you have to enable a thing called CMSS for sound to come out of all speakers during music and such. My friend just bought an Audigy LS, and I thought it was defective until I read the instructions.....(CMSS is in the Audigy program thing)

Still it doesnt make sense because I have an Audigy Gamer and I never had to enable that...
  5. paulsif

Where do you find the cmss settings?
  6. vassil3427

Its under your Audigy settings in the creative program that came with it...I'm trying to remember where it is...
  7. vassil3427

8. paulsif

thanks ill have a look and get back to you
  9. vassil3427

Actually I wasnt thinking, the guy with the audigy LS can use those instruction, you need to go into creative Playcenter and enable CMSS
  10. MotoXXX

MotoXXX TS Rookie

I got my centre speaker working but now no Sub channel :S
  11. paulsif

how do you activate the cmms on play center?

12. f98faka

f98faka TS Rookie

center speaker problem

I wouldn't suggest using CMSS for dvd playback, it's for playing stereo source, like mp3:s on a surround system.

I have a similiar problem, but even stranger. When I play a DVD with WinDVD, I get 5.1 sound, for maybe 1 minute. Then all of a sudden, the center and sub speakers go silent, and I have to move the mouse, choose "dolby digital 5.1 playback" again or something like that. So it's probably not a hardware problem, since when I do something with the software, it comes back. Have anyone else experienced a similar problem? I have a Audigy LS soundcard and an external amplifier.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.