TechSpot

Centrus 660av upgrade os?

By ptitterington
Jul 6, 2004
  1. Just a question or 2 on my dads behalf.

He has much info on his old mac using filemaker pro v5 which can transfer ok to his pc.

He wants to upgrade to filemaker 7 and wants to know if he can upgrade the o/s on the centrus 660av beyond 10.2.8?

thanks

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

I assume you mean Mac Centris a.k.a. Quadra? The latest MacOS it supports is 8.1, sorry.

3. MYOB

MYOB TS Rookie Posts: 527

4. ptitterington

ptitterington TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 376

Thanks for the replies.

He just still loves his mac and thinks that eventually he will buy another new one, but is stuck now with info spread between PC and Mac.

I did find him an identical one on e-bay for £40!.

thanks

5. MYOB

Just get a second hand iMac, or their predecessors, the G3 AIO - these don't look as stupid and do the same job, basically. The AIW will run up to 10.2.x I think, and can be hacked into running 10.3

They are both All In One systems, and hence will take up as little to less space than the Centris. They'll run all the 8.x and ealier apps for the Centris too.

6. MYOB

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.