Change desktop without properties tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

I am curious if it is possible to change the desktop background without access to the display properties. I am at work and can't stand looking at the default green background. Just wondering if it is possible. I am sure I can't change my registry either.

You should be able to do it through IE by finding an image to use, right click and using the "set as background" option. You might also be able to do it through an image viewer, I know that ACDsee has that option.

I believe ATi HydraVision has that...
MultiDesk options...
If you don't have an ATi card, then i dunno...

... ahh, i didn't read that you were at work...
um, yeah what ^he said...

depending on your os

themexp.com....just a ton of wallpapers for that os, i keep in a seperate folder for just that..........no properties, just right click and set as background.........also, i have a photo manager for webshots.com..............another ton of free archived wallpapers..........i must have a few hundred backgrounds

SB I never even thought about doing it through IE. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

You know sometimes it is something simple that you overlook.

Also - if it's locked pretty tight (through AD or something) then you can replace the actual image that is being use with another image you wish to use - just use the same name in that location.

LNCPapa

I think it is just using those stupid patterns and it is a solid one. I haven't played with it yet, because I don't really look at it that much. Just when I do it is boring.

Actually they monitor EVERYTHING pretty hardcore here. Record phone conversations, check how much web activity. I'll probably get in trouble for browsing the forums sooner or later. So I don't know if I even want to try and change it.

Just pretend you were "researchign" something and a TS link came up and thats why you are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back