TechSpot

Change desktop without properties tab

By poertner_1274
Jun 23, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am curious if it is possible to change the desktop background without access to the display properties. I am at work and can't stand looking at the default green background. Just wondering if it is possible. I am sure I can't change my registry either.
  2. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

You should be able to do it through IE by finding an image to use, right click and using the "set as background" option. You might also be able to do it through an image viewer, I know that ACDsee has that option.
  3. JackieChanIsGOD

JackieChanIsGOD Newcomer, in training Posts: 83

I believe ATi HydraVision has that...
    MultiDesk options...
    If you don't have an ATi card, then i dunno...

... ahh, i didn't read that you were at work...
    um, yeah what ^he said...
  4. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

depending on your os

themexp.com....just a ton of wallpapers for that os, i keep in a seperate folder for just that..........no properties, just right click and set as background.........also, i have a photo manager for webshots.com..............another ton of free archived wallpapers..........i must have a few hundred backgrounds
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,745

SB I never even thought about doing it through IE. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

You know sometimes it is something simple that you overlook.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

Also - if it's locked pretty tight (through AD or something) then you can replace the actual image that is being use with another image you wish to use - just use the same name in that location.

LNCPapa
  7. poertner_1274

I think it is just using those stupid patterns and it is a solid one. I haven't played with it yet, because I don't really look at it that much. Just when I do it is boring.

Actually they monitor EVERYTHING pretty hardcore here. Record phone conversations, check how much web activity. I'll probably get in trouble for browsing the forums sooner or later. So I don't know if I even want to try and change it.
  8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

Just pretend you were "researchign" something and a TS link came up and thats why you are here.
  9. poertner_1274

They said internet and IRC is justified if helping your field, but I am k-lined on irc and they won't undo me :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.