Change display of laptop to external monitor

srvijayam

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

It's not really a "VGA Card" it is a video processor chip like a CPU. I have an HP dv9500 right now with a similar problem. A new motherboard may be needed

A lot of people call on-board graphics a "video card". I'll get a motherboard from EBay for around $170 for this HP dv9000 laptop. The customer is happy :)

A lot of people call on-board graphics a "video card". I'll get a motherboard from EBay for around $170 for this HP dv9000 laptop. The customer is happy :)

HI,
Same problem now I'm facing, my plan to buy new original motherboard from where I can buy? plz help me
My modal HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop.

Where are you located in this World?
The actual model number of the motherboard is on a label that can sometimes be read from the memory compatment

Where are you located in this World?
The actual model number of the motherboard is on a label that can sometimes be read from the memory compatment

I'm from India, My Intel motherboard part number 460900-001. Past day I visit HP Direct service center, they said their is no motherboard for this modal in HP. I'm searing for original HP Intel Motherboard..! But it's possible?

Back