Change request re My Posts

gbhall

The list of posts in any forum has, at the top right-hand side, headings Start date, replies, views, last message

(1) nothing appears under start date. Is that somewhere else in the post line? If so, the heading could be removed.

(2) none of these useful headings appear in My Posts lists, where they would be useful. I supp-ose the reason is that My Posts is the result of a search, so a different layout is active. Problem is, as far as I remember, the 'old' site did have some similar (useful) headings. Can we have them back in a search list please?

Start date is below the thread title, including author.

The 'My Posts' results are search-based indeed. We have yet to revise that, and if we find it easy to implement more data, rest assured we will. Now, let me ask, how is thread starter relevant to that query? I'm thinking number of replies and who replied last (and when) would be most appropriate additions. What do you think?

I'll add 'Number of views' to your list. The timeline of the thread is very important IMHO, as it may affect it's validity to a reader. What was applicable a year ago may not be today.

Now, let me ask, how is thread starter relevant to that query? I'm thinking number of replies and who replied last (and when) would be most appropriate additions. What do you think?
Thread starter and number of views of limited use. Date started important
Number of replies and who replied last and when, very important.

Glad to hear it is on it's way ;)

Arrr, no. Complete misunderstanding there. I am expecting that the list of my own posts will become fomatted in exactly the same way as any list of forum posts - title, start date, replies,views,last message who and when.
None of that appears in the 'My posts' list. But it used to, and I thought we had a discussion in which the fact that 'my posts' is the result of a query. Queries are not formatted the same as forum lists, but it was thought they could be.

At the same time, under 'alerts' the alerts contain links to people and to posts. I am sure you know the links do not work ??

Yes I do, but I don't check my own posts often, so the current way is fine by me.
One thing I'd add. It would be nice to add a reputation index below our usernames which appear to the right of the post. Something like no. Of posts/no. Of likes+trophy points? To make it easier for OPs (those asking for help) to know they are trusting the right guy. Any other way could do too.
Just a thought.

Just a quick non-update. I've read your messages but unfortunately we've been really busy trying to fix some server issues we are having since the transition a few weeks ago. Until we can get a completely stable platform I'm afraid any kind of cosmetic (or functional) tweaks are not priority #1 -- after all what good is a new feature if the site is going down twice a week :\

Back