TechSpot

Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

By Ambiguous
Aug 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my graphics card, in my all in one pc Acer Aspire Z5771, the specs is exactly the same as this http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PW.SHM02.008

Would you guys recommend which graphics card are suitable for my pc, one suitable for gaming. :)
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

It's pretty much impossible to change graphics cards on AIO PC's, you can't just plug in a normal PCI-E desktop GPU. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of buying them.
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,805   +158

You do have a choice of attaching a TV. If you have an HDMI connection you might be able to use that. Like many laptops, you can't change that video chip. It is not a removable card
  4. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +44

I'm afraid that I as well have to sing the same song as both slh28 and Tmagic are signing! And that is with the type of computer you picked out, a video card change out is almost next to impossible! So I hate to say your basically stuck with what you've got. I guess possibly go with the option that Tmagic brought up, maybe run with HDMI and see what that does for you!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.