Chassis fans not working?

My computer came with a piece of software for monitoring fan speed etc. Whenever I launch it, it says "Warning! Chassis fan 0 rpm" to tell me the chassis fans aren't turning. However, they never seem to turn on! I don't know if it's normal, and I'm just worrying over nothing, or if there's something wrong. I've attached a screen shot to show what the software says.

Scoonesy
PROBE.PNG

Attachments

• PROBE.PNG
    PROBE.PNG
    80.6 KB · Views: 2
this could be a number of things. Are the fans actually turning on. If they are the software is clearly not detecting them. the likelyhood that both fans went out at the same time tells me that its probably something else other than your fans misbehaving.

1.if you need to they will have two wires connecting them to the motherboard. make sure that is firmly seated in the connector on the board.
2. see if you have any yellow exclaimation points in the device manager
3. try hitting that "update" button or reinstalling that particular software so the software can reinitialize.
4. show me what the screen shot of the fan speed tab.

I wouldnt sweat this issue. If you see the fans are spinning and the board temp is reasonable you've got nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your help!
I think the fans are turning on - I haven't opened the case to check, but it was only the messages that alerted me to the possibility. The board temperature seems to be always fine, I was just a bit worried when it said they weren't working.
I haven't opened the case to check the wires, so I don't know about that.
When I press the update button, it asks me if I want to update/change the BIOS, so I don't think that's much help.
There aren't any yellow points in the device manager, so that should be fine,
and here's the screen shot of the fan speed tab:

Fan speed.PNG

Thanks for your help!

Back