TechSpot

Cheap computer store in Canada or US

By NV30
Dec 24, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Am looking at building my own system, I'd keep my current printer, network card, monitor, keyboard and mouse as well as DVDROM and CDRW. NCIX has got some good prices, but they're in BC and I'm in Ontario. The computer stores around here aren't bad, but don't sell the latest stuff, the best CPU they have is around 2.5Ghz. Newegg has got wonderful prices compared to here, but they don't ship to Canada. :( Otherwise they'd be getting a big order. Are there other stores like Newegg but that ship to Canada? Another thing is customs, hopefully I don't get too much of a charge, but wouldn't NAFTA's free trade be in effect?

2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,763

I like Mwave.com. Prices arent as good as Newegg but they beat them sometimes.

3. NV30

NV30 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 339

I'll try them. The only thing is that they're shipping it 2000 miles to me, so if anything ever goes wrong good luck returning it, not to mention customs fees. :rolleyes: Oh well stuff like that is never going to change.

4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

buy.com has pretty good prices, a pretty good selection in every area, and has excellent tech support (nothing but good experiences here). Plus they ship internationally. You might want to check them out.

5. NV30

buy doesn't look that bad. They just don't have very fast CPUs.

6. Vehementi

7. truffles

truffles TS Rookie Posts: 44

I always buy my PC Parts at retailer shops. Try Canadian Computers

I haven't bought online from them before . . . but I have at their retailer store. I'm sure they sell lots of products at reasonable prices. I'm sure you can find many other online stores at Price Watch

NCIX is pretty good too. Here are some more Canadian Computer Stores :

Future Shop
    MicroConcept
    Best Top Computers

And lastly, this portal site with a lot of computer stores:
    http://bennettwong.tripod.com/computer_retailers.htm

Hope I helped ! :grinthumb

8. Vehementi

I would still reccomend buy.com...

9. NV30

Thanks guys, it's helped a lot. :)

10. Vehementi

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.