TechSpot

Cheap Office Build

By Ritwik7
Oct 25, 2009
  1. Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. rmarshall292

rmarshall292 TS Rookie

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +27

4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,672   +9

Hi Rage.

Any reason why you suggested the X2 7750 instead of the Athlon II X2 240?

And that RAM kit is interesting. Ordinary DDR2 667MHz is listed at about Rs. 2000. I doubt I'll actually get the Corsair at that price from my local vendor.

Thanks.

EDIT: The PC will mainly be used for some legal paperwork and web browsing / light multimedia.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Guaranteed compatibility without a BIOS update. The Sempron might need one though.

As for RAM, any 2GB RAM kit from Transcend, A-DATA or any similar company will work equally well. You can also use Kingston ValueRAM if you can find it cheap.

6. Ritwik7

@ rmarshall292: That board is based on the 790GX chipset and costs about Rs. 9000 in India. Way beyond what I can afford to spend on the mobo.

@ Rage: Thanks for those suggestions. I was just wondering if you could suggest an MSI board for the Kuma.

Also, I was thinking of the Intel E5200 on an MSI G31TM P2 motherboard. Would come to about the same price. Is it better than the Athlon?

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

They are evenly matched; go for whichever is cheaper. MSI would be a better choice than ASROCK however.

8. Ritwik7

Thanks. I'll let you know once it's done. Probably early November.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.