Cheap Office Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Rage.

Any reason why you suggested the X2 7750 instead of the Athlon II X2 240?

And that RAM kit is interesting. Ordinary DDR2 667MHz is listed at about Rs. 2000. I doubt I'll actually get the Corsair at that price from my local vendor.

Thanks.

EDIT: The PC will mainly be used for some legal paperwork and web browsing / light multimedia.

Guaranteed compatibility without a BIOS update. The Sempron might need one though.

As for RAM, any 2GB RAM kit from Transcend, A-DATA or any similar company will work equally well. You can also use Kingston ValueRAM if you can find it cheap.

@ rmarshall292: That board is based on the 790GX chipset and costs about Rs. 9000 in India. Way beyond what I can afford to spend on the mobo.

@ Rage: Thanks for those suggestions. I was just wondering if you could suggest an MSI board for the Kuma.

Also, I was thinking of the Intel E5200 on an MSI G31TM P2 motherboard. Would come to about the same price. Is it better than the Athlon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back