TechSpot

Check my logs

By kousha41564
Dec 24, 2008
  1. hi guys. the other day i my friend send me a file, and even though through my whole life i have told everyone i know to never open .exe files, i ignored my own advice and now pay for it. :(

i catched a few trojans. in particular trojan downloader. Conhook. now it appears that these are only affecting my internet explorer, but i only use opera and chrome anyway. Either way i would still like not to be infested :p . i have done many scans and so on, but everytime i delete these files with my spyware doctor or mcafee , and run a scan the next day to make sure that they actualy are gone, it appears they are still there. my computer still picks up the same trojans. now i would like to add, that all these scans have been done with my non-admin account on my xp mashine. if infact the problem here is that i have to use my admin account to delete these, please let me know, and i am sorry. but if thats not the problem, i folowed the 8 steps and i have the log files, would apreciate if anyone could take a look at them. thank you !

2. gillianbrown

gillianbrown Banned Posts: 141

Download combofix.exe to your desktop.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quote box below into it:
    NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
    Also ..

Pay particular attention to this:

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
    Code:

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

[​IMG]

This will start ComboFix. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.