Check out Grand Theft Auto V running at 60 FPS on the PC

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Rockstar Games has released a new trailer for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V – you know, the game that originally came out over a year and a half ago on previous generation consoles but keeps getting pushed back for the PC.

The trailer in question is running at a super smooth 60 frames per second which makes the anticipation all that higher. Considering the fact that GTA V for the PC will be the most graphically and technically advanced version yet, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

GTA V is set to launch for the PC on April 14. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that Rockstar will actually honor this date.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Wide angle panoramas look good, but protagonists faces, fingers hideously. It looks like HD texture pack for GTA4. Should learn some from Ubisoft Far Cry team, but not the optimisation tricks, lol. Hope they improved performance on PC CPU. Had lot of time after all. And actually any info on what CPU is needed to run it at 1080p@60fps?

I'd almost forgotten about this game. I'm not going to bother watching any videos of it, I'll just see it all for myself if and when I buy it after the price comes down in a few months time. I've waited so long for it another few months aren't going to make any difference and I'm certainly not paying 60 bucks just for a video game. I've done some foolish things in my life but spending so much on a computer game isn't one of them.

Can we have delay one more time. I know you guys at R* need to optimize the game further to be able to fully utilize the PC capabilities.

Can we have delay one more time. I know you guys at R* need to optimize the game further to be able to fully utilize the PC capabilities.
Yeah, preferably into June, so it didn' collided with Witcher or Project Cars sales. Those small studios need all the money they can get. At the fraction of R* money they making awsome looking games (it seems so far) and not favoring any platform (yet).

Adding 60fps is nice - but I hope they don't artificially cap it at 60fps... not that I'll be playing this game. I just hate seeing new titles come out with silly limitations like low maximum res or capped frame rates.

No longer interested in this game on pc in the slightest.
All these delays and what feels like console over prioritisation just seems like a proverbial FU to all the pc gamers.

Therefore R* will not be getting my money for this same game (again). There's only so many times you can re-release the same content with slightly better visuals (for full price).

No longer interested in this game on pc in the slightest.
All these delays and what feels like console over prioritisation just seems like a proverbial FU to all the pc gamers.

Therefore R* will not be getting my money for this same game (again). There's only so many times you can re-release the same content with slightly better visuals (for full price).

See, this is why I don't think developers can win the port argument. Either they release it day 1 with everything else and it gets flogged as being a horrible for the rest of it's life(even after they fix it with updates). Or, they could take their time and port the game the right way, without bugs and improved visuals, and then the community hates them for taking too long to, you know, release a working game like we asked for.

The reason they are releasing it for full price is that it took their development team thousands of man hours to perfect GTAV for the PC. THIS IS NOT CHEAP. THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CHARGE FULL PRICE.

People are complaining about the delays, but it is not simple to port games to PC. It's a long and complicated process that has far more to do with the software ecosystem of the console than the hardware. Now that consoles have similar hardware it will be EASIER to port games but that by no means makes it EASY. I would rather them make a public statement saying "this is taking longer than we would like, but we aren't going to release the game until it's finished" than saying "we can't complete these fixes by the time we said we could, so here's a game and we'll eventually fix it through updates".

And, lastly, you're out of your tits if you think that it only has "slightly better visuals"

Last edited:
Oohhgh! That is so sweet! Two pro-Rockstar post and two 'likes' automatically. Marketing machine at work. The truth is it's a two year old port working now on a weak 8core Jaguar x86 that got posponed last few times always week or two after console Heist, so I don't believe You. Nice try Rockstar, but try more on faster PC optimisation rather than sponsoring online trolls.

We've been fed so much BS from Rockstar I'm throwing my computer out in the garden. Should make the plants grow GREAT ..... of course, everything that comes up will take another two years of so to ripen and even then I'm not trusting it's eatable until I pick it with my own hands!!! At this late date they should simply give the game away to the PC crowd and beg us for forgiveness! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know THAT would be more BS from them! hahahaha

I guess better late than never but this game is long overdue. they will lose huge money because people are already pissed and will just pirate the game...

I haven't even played the game yet so I'll admit I'm interested in it. But Rockstar is notorious for screwing up their PC releases so I'll reserve judgment until the game launches. I hope the extra time they are taking actually matters.

See, this is why I don't think developers can win the port argument. Either they release it day 1 with everything else and it gets flogged as being a horrible for the rest of it's life(even after they fix it with updates). Or, they could take their time and port the game the right way, without bugs and improved visuals, and then the community hates them for taking too long to, you know, release a working game like we asked for.

The reason they are releasing it for full price is that it took their development team thousands of man hours to perfect GTAV for the PC. THIS IS NOT CHEAP. THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CHARGE FULL PRICE.

People are complaining about the delays, but it is not simple to port games to PC. It's a long and complicated process that has far more to do with the software ecosystem of the console than the hardware. Now that consoles have similar hardware it will be EASIER to port games but that by no means makes it EASY. I would rather them make a public statement saying "this is taking longer than we would like, but we aren't going to release the game until it's finished" than saying "we can't complete these fixes by the time we said we could, so here's a game and we'll eventually fix it through updates".

And, lastly, you're out of your tits if you think that it only has "slightly better visuals"

Perhaps if they had focused on PC from the beginning this game would have been out in good time.

R* reaks of payoffs from MS and Sony. Why else would they exclude the apparently easy to develop for PC architecture?

I think it's shameful that they are reselling a 1.5yr old game as a brand new piece of software. I wouldnt buy it out of principle.

R* is taking the piss. Saying anything otherwise is just blind fanboyism.
Don't get me wrong, I consider them Obe of the industries top developers but how they've pretty much forgotten about the PC username is unbelievable.

First 360 + ps3 get the game. Then the One + ps4 get it and even though they are very similar to pc architecture there is still no pc release. It's obvious that MS + Sony didn't want the PC version out at the same time as it would make the console versions look like ****.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Not quite sure why there is the emphasis on it being 60fps as if that is amazing or something. I was getting 100fps+ on gta 4 at 1920x1080 on my old pc with a low of about 90fps, maxed out settings ofc. Old pc was 2600k heavily oclocked with a GTX680.
Today I would shed tears if a game ran at less than 150fps. I am pretty much dry eyed for the last 17 months!

If by any chance Techspot is going to making a test comparison for that game, I would be especially interested if they improved RAGE/Euphoria over GTA4 on same CPUs? I think that would be the official reason of postponing this game so long for PC.

Oohhgh! That is so sweet! Two pro-Rockstar post and two 'likes' automatically. Marketing machine at work. The truth is it's a two year old port working now on a weak 8core Jaguar x86 that got posponed last few times always week or two after console Heist, so I don't believe You. Nice try Rockstar, but try more on faster PC optimisation rather than sponsoring online trolls.

Wait till release date, if it comes out with poor performance then all hate will be valid. The other two posters have a good point, you don't, now bounce.

I'd almost forgotten about this game. I'm not going to bother watching any videos of it, I'll just see it all for myself if and when I buy it after the price comes down in a few months time. I've waited so long for it another few months aren't going to make any difference and I'm certainly not paying 60 bucks just for a video game. I've done some foolish things in my life but spending so much on a computer game isn't one of them.

I can pay 60 bucks for many games, like mass effect trilogy. Never regretted buying each one of them for 60. Though agree that I've lost the hope with this one. Can't be anything but a bad bad port. Took so long to convert, I doubt it went softly. And it is going show on the games playability. Blame me if I'm wrong.

I can pay 60 bucks for many games, like mass effect trilogy. Never regretted buying each one of them for 60. Though agree that I've lost the hope with this one. Can't be anything but a bad bad port. Took so long to convert, I doubt it went softly. And it is going show on the games playability. Blame me if I'm wrong.
It's good that you enjoyed them and thought they were worth the money but my priorities and way of thinking are completely different to yours. I enjoy playing games just as much as the next guy but why spend so much money on new releases when you can play it a few months later for less than half? And they even throw in the DLC's on the house most of the time. Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves.

Depends if you are patient. Personally I like buying new games and like playing the latest releases. It makes me happy and sets off the various chemicals in my brain when I make the purchase and when I get the game home and installed. Plus if it's a multiplayer then you get to lvl up with people that know as much of the game as you do which is fun.

Horses for courses etc etc. can understand waiting for games, I just bought mario Galaxy 1 and 2, mario kart wii, zelda twilight princess and super Mario bros wii for about £50. Bargains.

Back