ChevronWP7: Windows Phone 7 unlocker released

By Emil
Nov 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Three developers have released a new tool named ChevronWP7, which allows you to unlock any retail Windows Phone 7 device for application side-loading without having to pay $99 per year for a WP7 marketplace account. Long Zheng, Rafael Rivera, and Chris Walsh created the tool in order to give both developers and users broader access to their WP7 devices.

Read the whole story
  2. $99 a year to have the "privilege" of accessing WP7 market place? who the F#&% are you kidding M$? Just when I thought I might pick one of these up...although I can always jail break it. Until It has more jailbroken apps, I'm going to stick with my 4yr/old BB pearl.
  3. Pretty sure the $99/year only applies to the developer. More specifically "a developer can release his first 5 applications for free in the Marketplace before he is charged $99/year for developer license, then then developer can update version of their application as many times as they want."

http://www.techlivez.com/2010/03/microsoft-unveils-windows-phone-7-marketplace
  4. Relax. The $99/year only applies to the developer. More specifically "a developer can release his first 5 applications for free in the Marketplace before he is charged $99/year for developer license, then then developer can update version of their application as many times as they want."

http://www.techlivez.com/2010/03/microsoft-unveils-windows-phone-7-marketplace
  5. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195

MS is no going to be happy about this...

Jail breaking WP7 in such a short time, hackers/developers are really getting fast.
  6. This link (Mirror 2) installed clickpotato on my system. It is not what it claims to be it is an adware file. Thanks guys.
  7. foxrox

foxrox TechSpot Member Posts: 20

Thank goodness they are. That's what makes good products great products.

I wonder how long it will take before the Kinect works with WP7 and Android? :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.