China admits it has a commando unit of 30 cyberwarriors

By Emil
May 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. For the first time ever, China has admitted that it has poured tens of millions into the formation of a commando unit of 30 cyberwarriors called The Blue Army. The…

Read the whole story
  2. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,653   +51

I was under the impression everyone assumed each government had some hackers for protection.
  3. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

But now a government is actually admitting it.
  4. dotVezz

dotVezz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

We all knew the Chinese government was doing something like this. I'm actually surprised that they're admitting as much as they have...
  5. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

I don't really think they're admitting to anything that those in the know didn't already assume. I'd be very surprised in this day in age that every country didn't have a similar setup.
  6. Bluemagma

Bluemagma Newcomer, in training

I'm sure the United States is planning another fake war because of some fake cyber attack now that Iraq is getting the plug pulled on it.
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,401   +832

Are these made out of terra cotta or are they the real deal?
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

They must have some awesome moves.

Five Lotus SQL Injection

Cross Site Scripting Fire Palm

Vulnerability Exploiting Monkey Attack
  9. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 306   +18

congratz China? I guess...
  10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,401   +832

So, the Chinese martial art of the third millenium is cyber hacking. Does this mean the new Bruce Lee will be a geeky Asian kid in horn rimmed glasses, an ill fitting shirt, and a pocket protector?

I suppose we can look forward to Saturday afternoons of watching, "Hack-Fu Theater".

Can't wait for the overdubbed dialog! "You have dish-honored your self, I will hack your family's com-pu-tah until it dies a rong painful death"!
  11. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

LOL. But the production values have really improved since the 1970s. Some movies have really great special effects.

12. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,035   +70

Doesn't they know they are 'over-estimating' their own reach or capabilities? I mean why would they be 'begging' other allies to foot in the bill for the 'fake' Libyan freedom war (read 'Operation Grab Libyan Oil'). Whereas, they are simply ignoring how Suadis/Bahraini solidiers are killing unarmed people (well for good reason because they are their 'friends'). Same is repeated in Yemen.

Anyway, as many have stated this is nothing special and probably most countries have some arrangements in this respect; but how things turn out when a real attach comes in will tell how much effective they are.
  13. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

This scares me, I read a book called "Halting State" by Charles Stross last year and even though it is quite humorous work it features some serious ideas as well (augmented reality and cyber crimes). One of them is a cyber army from China unoriginally called "Team Red". Either he knew some serious secrets or was ahead of his time when this was published in 2007.
  14. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,035   +70

But non-admittance of something doesn't mean 'evidence of absence'. So, using this same argument, we can be sure other countries do have some similar units as well. Although they may have limited the choices available for Americans when it comes to naming such 'armies'.
  15. Blue Army? More like a room full of nerds
  16. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TechSpot Maniac Posts: 378

Now make them stop stealing wow accounts and trying to sell me their money!!!!

:D
  17. maestromasada

maestromasada Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

from bodyguards to hackerguards
  18. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

Crouching Trojan, Hidden Proxy
  19. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

I bet Sony is wondering if they outsource…
  20. lol, only 30?
    We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We do not forgive
    We do not forget
    Expect us.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.