Choosing Security Programs

Hello, I purchased a 3 year subscription to Kaspersky for all our computers. I wanted to make sure we were completely secure so I downloaded MalwareBytes as well but I've heard great things about Windows Defernder also... can I install and run this program as well or will there be conflicts with the other two?

Thanks for the replies. Is Windows 7 and Windows Vista the same thing? Strange question I bet but I still have the manufacture stickers on the computer which says "Windows 7" but when I went to install Windows Defender, I got a popup message saying that "Windows Defender is already installed on Windows Vista"...

anyway, I have Malwarebytes and it caught a bunch of stuff... are all those other programs really necessary? holy cow...

Thanks for the replies. Is Windows 7 and Windows Vista the same thing? Strange question I bet but I still have the manufacture stickers on the computer which says "Windows 7" but when I went to install Windows Defender, I got a popup message saying that "Windows Defender is already installed on Windows Vista"...

anyway, I have Malwarebytes and it caught a bunch of stuff... are all those other programs really necessary? holy cow...
They're different Operating Systems & yes, Windows Defender comes with both of them. I have both Vista & W7 & I have windows defender disabled on both. I use the programs I mentioned on both machines & no hassles.

One point of note: It's helpful to have more then one anti-Malware program available on your system BUT you should only have one providing "real-time" protection. The others are to be invoked "on-demand" when needed.

There is know need to install a bunch .Just use the one malware program you have. Install spyware blaster. Leave windows defender on. If you set your security in your browser for third party cookies not to be accepted. Plus run a good antvirus and firewall you should be fine. I have not any spyware for a long time. I check my computer once a week.

I believe the built in firewall on both Vista & W7 is good enough. I don't use a 3rd party firewall on either. But to each their own.

Back