TechSpot

Chrome all bent up

By SledgeProne
Jun 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Any idea what happened to my Chrome page? chrome.gif

..or rather how to hammer it back in shape?
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,235   +232

Screen shot?
  3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,825   +181

Just had this problem on a computer .I fixed the other day that was full of spyware. Might want run a couple spyware programs. This could be your problem.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

I see nothing wrong.
  5. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,825   +181

No there is nothing wrong with the screen shot he posted to the forum. But on his computer it may not look the same. As I posted I had a computer I repaired the other day that had that problem. With chrome and after checking video properties and so forth it turn out to be spyware. It could be that for him ormaybe even a video problem or monitor setting.
  6. learninmypc

I see nothing wrong with it either. If you're trying to set it up, simply click the 3 horizontal bars top right & in the drop down menu click settings & it'll open a new tab. Go thru the setting to set it up to your liking.
    Its actually fairly easy to do. Post back if that fixes it or you need further help.
  7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Click the 'most visited' line on the bottom of the screen. You just have no Chrome Apps installed...
  8. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

If you mean you don't have the extensions/themes/apps you usually do, I think you just accidentally signed out of Chrome. Other than that, I'm not sure what is wrong.
  9. SledgeProne

SledgeProne TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 82

Well, I am new to Chrome, but I thought the homepage initially opened with 4 icons, evenly spaced, across the center of the page, rather than just one, arcanely placed just left of center, on an otherwise blank white page.

Is this actually the default homepage? Whats the significance of the extended (arrow) flip screen?
  10. learninmypc

Here is the link to google chropme extensions (addons) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?hl=en-US

The main addons I think you'll need are https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wot/bhmmomiinigofkjcapegjjndpbikblnp?hl=en-US

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US
  11. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

You're on the wrong screen. Chrome remembers the last screen you were on and opens this up the next time.

The default screen in Most Visited.

12. SledgeProne

SledgeProne TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 82

Thanks guys, I'll get it eventually.
    Doesn't seem very intuitive, and consequently the price paid for Chrome's slick uncluttered, appearancel

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.