1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Chrome for iOS updated with Material Design, Handoff support

By Himanshu Arora ยท 5 replies
Jan 21, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Google has updated Chrome for iOS to version 40, bringing in a redesigned UI, support for OS X Handoff, as well as optimizations for iOS 8 and the large-screen iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 7,178   +2,395

I see iSheep love Chrome but would you ever see any self respecting Phandroid using Safari?

3. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Evangelist Posts: 476   +107

WTF, is with this whole material design BS. Google forced an update to the Google Now launcher that is supposed to mimic this material design. It makes my phone look like **** with no option to personalize it back to the way it looked before. Its ugly. Its like we're going back 20 years.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,722   +404

@Skidmarksdeluxe that would be quite a feat since it isn't available for Android. They are based on the same foundation anyway.

5. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Evangelist Posts: 851   +242

Have you ever tried Safari on a non-Apple OS? It sucks, I mean it was really bad.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,722   +404

^ And it was discontinued years ago.