Chrome hacked at Pwnium, "Pinkie Pie" does it again

By Rick
Oct 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. For the second time this year, hacker "Pinkie Pie" gave Google a run for its money -- and won. The clever hacker exploited yet another vulnerability in Chrome during the second Pwnium conference this year, netting himself (or perhaps herself)...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 670   +202

Sharing is caring...even with exploits, it seems!
  3. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 670   +202

It also occurs to me that if this person keeps winning they could probably spell it <I>Ponyum.</I>
  4. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 329   +56

Bronium!
  5. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

I will commit Sudoku.
  6. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 673   +39

I really like this route, chrome becomes safer, and a clever hacker gets paid for his talent. All is good.
  7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,859   +343

And pinkie pie will be back next year for more money.
  8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

If I used the handle "Pinkie Pie", I'd hide my real name/true identity as well! LOL! What was he thinking when there are endless characters on TV that you could assume for a virtual identity?

Umm, Mr. Pinkie, grats on your hack! I still find that level of software engineering to be sorcery and magic. And to find a way to break Google's software is a crowning achievement.
  9. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

9Nails doth protest too much. Is "9nails" Pinkie Pie's other secret identity? TV teaches us always to suspect those who point away towards others. This cries out for further investigation.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.