Chrome not opening Google sites

top_model_guy

Hi,
So for the past few weeks my Chrome has suddenly not been able to open Google sites, such as Gmail or log into youtube. I thought it was a malware/virus issue, but have had my computer cleaned in that section of the forum, which included updating Java, uninstalling Chrome and freshly installing Chrome, however the problem persists. I have tried clearing my history, cookies, etc. I have no idea what the problem can be. I am able to open Gmail and log into youtube using both firefox and internet explorer.
Thanks for all assistance

Are you talking about Google Chrome? If so, you might try deleting all (related) shortcuts (bookmarks) & typing the address in to see if that works.Good luck.

Hi, have you checked your HOSTS file?

Hint: [os partition letter]>windows>system32>drivers>etc

right click>open with notepad>ok>and take a look

remixedcat when I open he hosts file all I see is "127.0.0.1 localhost" not sure what that indicates.

@Mr Taylor I looked at that link, but on my Google Chrome do not have the Tools > Options option, I did however try unchecking "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" under the Privacy Settings

The exact message I get with this problem is:

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Just delete all your history and such (select everything when you select delete history). Also is it just google webpages or any page? also do these pages work in other browsers?

Start>run>type "cmd">enter> then type "ipconfig /flushdns"

or start button>type "cmd">then type "ipconfig /flushdns"

I cleared all the browser data (cookies, history, etc) as well as ran the "ipconfig /flushdns" which was successful, but still cannot open Gmail in Chrome

You might try disabling your addons/plugins because I'm using google chrome right now & am able to go to youtube & gmail.

Try on a clean google chrome profile???
this may help but doesnt really load pages differently. try deleting the google folder in program files after uninstalling. But also did you check all the options under clear history? like deleting the cache and such

So my computer has been crashing randomly and I decided to clean my registry. After using Free Windows Registry Repair to solve the crashing problems, Chrome is now able to open Gmail. Thanks for suggestions

Also, the next time you need to do a clean uninstall of any program, you can use the free version of Revo Uninstaller. It's pretty good at
eliminating registry entries, program folders and so forth.

Back