Chrome OS hits RC status, final code near?

By Jos
Oct 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Google’s Android platform has been getting plenty of attention in the mobile world lately -- and its rise has even led some to wonder if a separate OS for portable devices is really necessary -- but the company nevertheless looks set to launch its web-centric Chrome OS before the end of the year. The latest evidence comes from the project's developer forums, where several comments suggest that the code is in Release Candidate (RC) status and identify the most recent build as

Read the whole story
  2. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 811   +26

I can't wait for the release, though i'm still not too sure about it. Yes i've made judgements in the past, but i'm not going to never try it. Who knows, I might be suprised. But just based off of the things i've heard, other than its super quick boot time, i'm not impressed. Hopefully Google will wow me...
  3. stensland

stensland TS Rookie Posts: 52

So I haven't really paid much heed to the Google OS as I am fine with my windows OS, but what kinda functions are we looking at with the Google OS? I mean can I say, install programs on it that are windows based? Or do I have to use only Google products and products made for the Google OS?
  4. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 490   +16

I am really excited to see how Chrome OS turns out, especially with devices designed for it. :)