Chromebooks are headed to nine more countries

By Justin Kahn
Jun 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Normally, when a major technology company wants to make an announcement there is a press release or something along those lines. Google has instead decided to take to its Chrome Blog with a poem in order to announce that Chromebooks...

Read more
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,759

Kinda makes you want to whip out your checkbook and, "give til it hurts", to Mozilla and Canonical, doesn't it now?
  3. at0mic_Mike

at0mic_Mike TS Member Posts: 31

I bought one, it's the only one I use now
  4. Gaara

Gaara TS Enthusiast Posts: 98   +24

I really like Chromebooks lot is faster and very reliable
  5. Ah, the spread of mediocrity!!!
    If all you want to do is some light web browsing, use an app or two, then why the hell cant you use a tablet with a keyboard attachment, or even just a smart phone? I don't understand where this fake laptop is suppose to fit in?
    Now if you want to do some really productive work, have the peace of mind about the versatility of your device, and that it can handle just about anything, then there is nothing to see here. This move to the cloud is even starting to affect windows, and I don't care for it. It has its uses, but not when I buy a device that gets 2 years free storage where after I need to start paying for it, and that is probably only the start of it.
    Google should have stuck to what it is good at (just barely), Android.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Paying for online and cloud storage? It's obviously not targeted at me.