Cid adverts are killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cid adverts are very annoying, I believe the reason for them is 'Messenger Plus Lİve'

I unistall the ' messenger plus live cid adv. ' thing from control panel, but adv. are still there.

I'm using Vista and the log files are here

Thank you

Here is a bump, if it is still wanted.

Submitted HJT log appears clean.

Stronger measures may be needed if you are stilled being plagued with "adv" (meaning not understood).

Hi Thomas :

Have you tried ALL the Info at http://cidhelp.com , especially
" 4) The use and presence of the Software is voluntary. The Software may be uninstalled at any time from your computer. The only authorized means to uninstall the Software is to use the ADD/REMOVE function on your control panel or contact support@cidhelp.com for assistance. Instructions to uninstall the Software are as follows:

1. Access your control panel by going to the Start menu;

2. Select Control Panel;

3. Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS; and,

4. Select Messenger Plus! and Sponsor or CiD Help for removal.

5. If you do not remember which bundled software product you installed that included the sponsor software you can download and run the universal uninstaller located here. "

You seem to have gotten down to "4" !? Next "step" is to click the "here" in "5"
at the website !? Let me know IF it "works" !?

This again
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
I think that you are being directed through a proxy, thus the ads. I have my suspicions about this setting as I have stated here; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113108.html in reply # 18, but I am unsure.

This might remedy the problem with this setting;
Reset IE
1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.
Note If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back