CID removal help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with CID popups - can't get rid of them
using Vista
have log from hijackthis attached
assistance re removal would be muchly appreciated

Sounds like you got the LOP infection

Download this file NoLop.exe to uour desktop and then follow the instructions below:

* First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot.
* Double click NoLop.exe to run it.
* Then click the button labelled "Search and Destroy".
* When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected,click 'OK'.
* Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
* A Message should popup from NoLop, if not,double click the program again and it will finish.
Post the contents of C:\NoLop.log into your next reply.

Have tried but get an error message when i click on search and destroy - run time error 75 - Path /File Access Error

Generate Uninstall List

• 1. Start HijackThis
    2. Click on the Config button
    3. Click on the Misc Tools button
    4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
    5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.

1)Uninstall the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD)

2)Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3)The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

4)If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5)Reboot your computer

6)Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log

Steps 1 & 2 went ok
But No Setup was displayed and the sponsors screen wasn't displayed or anywhere obvious
In summary have removed Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor (CiD) but and that's as far as i could go
Have attached hijackthis log

Maybe they changed the process, idk

Have you had any more issues with it?

Go ahead and run an online scan just to be safe, then I can help if it finds anything

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

Order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back