TechSpot

CiD Virus Help

By Sampapa
Feb 19, 2008
  1. Hello, TechSpot!

As you may be able to tell, im new at TechSpot so here is my Hello to all of you.

Anyways, onto my problem. I have been infected with the CiD Virus. Avast! AntiVirus has not been able to track it down. I have tried a free scan using XoftSpySE and the scan results make me believe that things called FlashGet and Lop.com may be the problem here, as they both are associated with Internet Explorer.

I would like to know the appropriate steps to dealing with this problem, attached is my HijackThis log file, please go over it. I have also looked at another thread And followed those steps, but nothing matched.

I look forward to your responses.

Much thanks
    ~Sampapa

2. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,084

3. Sampapa

Sampapa TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the responses you two, but they didn't help. I have tried basically everything kritius has given me, and searched for MIXDOWNLOAD, no dice.

4. kritius

When you say you have tried basically everything what didnt you try? Or what didnt work?

5. Sampapa

Hmmm, well, one of the big things I missed was renaming HijackThis. Ill try renaming it later.

6. kritius

Just go to the folder that HiJackThis is in and rename the exe file to crusty

7. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
    BitRoll
    CiD Help
    CiD Manager
    Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
    Zone Media

Restart the computer

Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log

8. Sampapa

Odd, I didn't find any of those in my Add/Remove Programs area.

9. Blind Dragon

Alright please follow through the directions in the first reply in the thread. complete the preliminary removal instructions located http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Then post the 3 logs back into this thread.
    1)hijackthis
    2)Combofix
    3)avg log

* Removed by Blind Dragon

10. Sampapa

Sorry for the late reply, I had an internet issue. I fixed CiD. Apprently when I was installing Windows Live Messenger Plus! I accidentally signed up for their Sponsorship Program. This was named "Messenger Plus! Sponsorship (CiD)" in the add/remove program area (Or CCleaner is what I used.)

11. Blind Dragon

yes, that is what they call a LOP infection. There may be one additional step. Hopefully you uninstalled all the sponsors. But the last step is just to make sure they didn't create any "jobs" before the were removed.

post this into Notepad
    Save it as jobs.bat on your desktop. Save it as type all types *.*.

Doubleclick the file jobs.bat. A notepad file called files.txt will be created.

attach files.txt

12. Sampapa

I believe its empty.

13. Blind Dragon

Indeed it is. ;) Good job

14. Sampapa

Yay! Thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.