TechSpot

Cisco System Router?

By nickc
Nov 23, 2009
  1. I bought this on someone here's advice, when I got it I just plugged it in and went to the net. Now when I try to get in the router, it wants a user name and password. I tried Admin with no password and get nothing is thier anyone here that knows how to get in this thing? it is a model RV052

Thanks

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

I am assuming the router uses Cisco IOS? What are you using it for some sort of VPN?

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 923   +11

I just bought it to have a safer network I have 4 computers running that I need to be able to share files between.and all have to be able to reach the net.

4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

you need to find the user documentation for that model. (look on cisco's web site under support). The default user/password on routers vary by the manufacturer so you need to check their documentation

5. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

The cisco RV series that I am familiar with is much more then a home router...Its primary use is for small business, and those who need VPN and other IP technologies such as VOIP etc. I am not sure if it uses IOS because it also marketed as a linksys but if it does it is much different then setting up your run of the mill home router.

Does it look like this?

[​IMG]

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 923   +11

well I may be the dumbo because that is what I bought it for although the one I have is smaller on mine only 4 computers can be hooked up it is probably the cheapest model they have, and I read more in the book or paper and found how to get in it. are these good for sharing files?

Thanks nickc

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.