Clearing IE history/data in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashun

Hey guys.I have Internet Explorer. I know how to delete my browsing history,and data forms. How can I delete transaction out of the address bar from when I'm on the sites? Like if I don't type www. in the address bar first and just type in a letter,it'll pull up anything that has been typed beginning with that letter. So how can I clear that out? Thanx

Internet Explorer

How do I find out which IE? Not use to Vista...been running XP,so I'm lost on that one:confused:
Thanx

To see which IE version, click Help->About

But i think you what you want is to click Tools->Options. Look on the General tab. I believe both IE7 and IE8 give you the option to delete your browsing history/files. (Tho maybe the exact wording / button clicks on the General tab varies between the versions)

Ie 7

I'm using IE7 because I haven't updated to 8...I know how to delete browsing history and files. I'm saying that,if you type a random alphabet in the address bar without typing the(www.)first then stuff come up. Say I type the letter 's' in the bar before www.,then if I was on a website starting with that letter it will receive it. The browsing history would be clear,but if you do that on your pc you'll see what I'm talking about. Clear your browsing history and then type a letter in before typing in www...And let me know.
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back