Clicking links from search engines redirect me to other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title may be a bit confusing, so I'll explain. When I use a search engine, whether it be google, yahoo, anything.. the results redirect me to sites like yawarez.net or findstuff.com or some other ad site.

I've tried this with a few different browers: Firefox (my main and current browser), IE, and Opera. I get this same result while using the above browsers. The only browser that It doesn't happen with is Google Chrome, which I strongly dislike.

However, when I type a sites address into my URL bar, it directs me to the correct site everytime. I ONLY get redirected when clicking a link brought up by a search engine.

I followed the 8 steps; Below are my logs.

EDIT: A little bit more info: I tried system restores; none of my restore points worked. I'm not sure if that's also a symptom or just coincidence.

anyone? :(

Nobody knows anything about this?..

I guess reformatting is my only option then. Thanks anyways.

Wow.. now I even get errors when I try to reformat using WipeDrive.

I have no idea what to do, Please help!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 6
  • mbam-log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm having the exact same problem with being redirected to yawarez.net and a couple other ad pages like yellowpages.com. I found some solutions for a similar problem online but none of them work. There was another goggle redirect that a lot of people had luck solving by deleting c:\windows\system32\wdmaud.sys, but I don't have this file. It seems like this is a new version and I haven't read of a fix yet. I'm hoping that with more and more people getting this there will be some solutions that start surfacing.

That's not good news about reformatting, since that was going to be my next step. Please post up if you find something that works, and I'll do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back